WIEN. Actie Ã¼ber 100 Gulden Ã–.W. brown, black, buff. No 32214. The Trifailer company was formed in 1873, to acquire existing coal-workings at Trifail, in the south of Steiermark province. It immediately built a cement-works. The initial capital of 1.5 million Kronen was raised twice, first to 3 million, then, in 1880, to 6 million; this is a share from this second increase. Competition from within Austria and from English imports, was severe, and the company needed to expand; it used this increase to buy the coal-mines at Carpano and Vines, in Istria (then in Austria, now Italy). Further expansion followed in the Trifail area, by absorption of neighbouring mines. By the end of the century, the company's properties stretched for 100km, west to east, and over a million tonnes a year were mined. The main customer was the Austrian railways. Hole-cancelled.
AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN EMPIRE, HUNGARY
ENGEL & SOHN
Datum: 25 February 1873
Startprijs: € 50