NATIONAL ASPHALT CO.

Losnummer: 1707
NEW JERSEY. 100 Preferred Shares of $50. green, black. No A664. Asphalt, originally from the famous pitch lake of Trinidad, West Indies, came into general use for the paving of roads in the early 1880s, when the streets of Washington D.C. were resurfaced with it. Buffalo NY then used it on a large scale, and other cities followed. The main supplier was the Trinidad Lake Co. of Amzi Lorenzo Barber. By 1896 there were 30 asphalt-paving companies at work in U.S., although half of all asphalt was laid by Barber's own company. In 1899 and 1900 two great combines of asphalt interests were formed, the Asphalt Co. of America and this company. Early in 1901 Barber sold all his asphalt interests, and later that year both companies were in the hands of receivers. Vignette of an eagle on a globe.
Branchen: CHEMICALS, CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING, OIL
USA
WRIGHT BANK NOTE CO.
Datum: 26 April 1901
Erhaltung: EF
Startpreis: € 30