MOSCOU. Action de 100 Rbls. yellow, black. No 26886. Founded 1874. Text in Russian and French. The small town of Beloretsk is today in Bashkortostan, a region between the Volga and the Ural Mountains. The town grew in the late 18th century around the new iron-works. This company is a successor of that original industry. It was the star of the Moscow Wogau group. The original Pashkov family business went bankrupt in 1874, partly in debt of the Moscow trading-house of Wogau, which had bought Pashkov's nails, screws, wire, etc. Wogau acquired the assets, and founded this company in Beloretsk. He installed the latest English and German blast-furnace and rolling-mill technology, and built a 120Km railway line to link with the Trans-Siberian Railway; previously the products had been dispatched on the Belaya River (when the water-level permitted). In 1910 there were more than 10.000 people working in the factory. Stalin built the great Magnitogorsk iron complex on the same vast rich iron-ore deposits. Those deposits are still exploited today forone of the largest iron and steel centers of Russia.
Themes: METAL & ENGINEERING
Startprice: € 300