LISBOA. 1 Acçao Esc. 1.000$00. B/S Cat. 240 D. green. #20000. No 6173. After WWII, the Portuguese government decided to concentrate all railway operating concessions in a single company. Hence, the Co. dos Caminhos de ferro Portugueses da Beira Alta, Nacional de Caminhos de Ferro and Co. Portuguesa para a Construçao e Exploraçao de Ferro (=Co. do Vouga) were integrated in the Co. dos Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses. In 1947, the company began to operate all wide and narrow-gauge lines in Portugal, except the Cascais line, which had been leased to Soc. Estoril until 1976. All this led also to a transformation of the company capital (to 20 mln. Escudos - no more French Francs!) and a new issue of 20.000 shares in 1947 - as evidenced by this certificate.
Date: 31 July 1947
Startprice: € 20