LUXEMBOURG. Action de F100. black. #906. No 439. Heavy central fold and brown staining, mainly at the borders but also some brown spots through the certificate. Company founded 1880 with a capital of 90.600 Fr. divided into 906 shares. Signatures of company directors on the inside page. With completecoupon sheet. The Casino Bourgeois, designed by Luxembourg architects Pierre and Paul Funck in baroque style, was completed in 1882. In addition to its gaming activities, the casino had a reading room, a restaurant and a number of large halls which wereused for lectures, balls, plays, concerts, exhibitions, etc. Franz List gave his last piano concert at the casino (19 July 1886). During WWI, the casino building served as the Kaiser's headquarters. In 1959, after being purchased by the State, the building was rented out to the Cultural Circle of the European Communities and became known as the Foyer Européen. Today the building serves as a forum for contemporary art. Only 2 pieces were discovered in 2017.
Date: 3 November 1881
Startprice: € 800