BRUXELLES. Part. black on pink paper. No 297. "Copie du registre des parts." Hence a receipt from the shareholders book which states that a Mr Georges Poncelet from Brussels holds share No.297 in the company. A railroad between Quenast (today part of Rebecq)to the Charleroi Canal was first mentioned in a Royal Decree of 1836. The project was discussed again in the Belgian Parliament in 1846. Yet, it took until 1865, when this company was found, to build the line. Purpose was to transport stones from the porphyry quarry in Quenast to the Canal and from so further on to the customers.
Date: 30 August 1869
Startprice: € 30