AUSTRIA. WIEN. Aktie über 200 Kronen. purple, black. No 7706. Folds and 3 cancellation holes. Text in German. The Austrian subsidiary of the Italian FIAT Group was founded in 1907. It had its base in Floridsdorf, Vienna. From 1911 onwards, they produced their own cars, later also trucks. During WWI, the company became the largest engine factory of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Production increased considerably after the war while most shares were still held by the Turin-based FIAT company. In the late 1930s, Maschinenfabrik Augsburg Nürnberg AG (MAN) became the majority shareholder of what had been renamed ÖAF (ÖsterreichischeAutomobil-Fabrik). In the meantime also a repair shop for aircraft engines was set up in Vienna. Nowadays completely incorporated into the German MAN group. We have never before seen this early share issue.
AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN EMPIRE, HUNGARY, ITALY
Date: 16 July 1912
Startprice: € 800