CZECH REP. PILSEN. Aktie über 200 Kronen. grey, black. No 99165. Central fold and a little staining at the top right border. Text in German. Skoda was one of the most important industrial concerns of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It was originally founded in Pilsen, 1859 by the noble Waldstein family. Taken over by Emil Skoda in 1869. It soon became the country's leading arms manufacturer. Expansion into locomotives, aircraft, ships, machine tools, etc. soon followed. Skoda became a joint-stock company in 1899. By 1917, it employed +35,000 people. In 1923 it started car production, building Hispano-Suizas under license. In 1925 Skoda took over the Laurin &Klement works at MladaBoleslav, and production of Skoda cars began there. In 1939, the factory converted to production for the German military. After the war Skoda was nationalised by Czechoslovakia. This share, from 1900, is the oldest scripophily from Skoda we have ever seen. It is facsimile signed by Emil Skoda, the man who led the company +30 years and made it world famous.
Themes: ARMS – MILITARY, AUTOMOBILES, AVIATION, METAL & ENGINEERING
AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN EMPIRE, HUNGARY
Date: 1 February 1900
Startprice: € 1200