PARIS. Part d'Intérêtou Action nominative. yellow, black. No 276. Central Fold. Founded 1860. Issued to the Comte de Kergorlay. This is the oldest covered passage of Paris, opened in 1800. Located between Montmartre Blvd and Saint-Marc Str. and is one of the earliest venues of the Parisian philatelic trade. Its name came from an attraction built on the site: two large rotundas where panoramic paintings of Paris, Toulon, Rome, Jerusalem and other famous cities were displayed. They were a business venture of the American inventor Robert Fulton (1765-1815) during hisstay in Paris.
Themes: PHOTO & PANORAMA, SHOPS & MARKETS
Date: 3 December 1917
Startprice: € 30