PARIS. Action de F500. black, olive. #20000. No 502. Most decorative piece of the Librairie (interior & exterior), statues of saints, etc., and lists of good catholic writers. In the 1860s there was in Paris a catholic bookshop business founded by Victor Palmé. This business worked also in Brussels and Geneva. In 1867 the company issuing this share was formed to acquire the business of M. Palmé. The aim was to publish books in the Bénédictines and Bollandistes traditions, catholic and historical works, to promote 'the spread, appreciation and preservation of the pure doctrines of the Roman Catholic church'. In 1881 the poet Paul Verlaine wrote for this company. The Librairie was later taken over by the great Bayard publishing-house.
Themes: PRINTING & THE PRESS, RELIGIOUS
Date: 1 June 1880
Startprice: € 100