PETROGRAD. 10 Actions de 100 Rbls. red, black. No 47091-100. Text in Russian. Founded 1868 by Englishmen James and John Murged for the production of heavy tools. Became a limited company in 1897. Factory alongside the Russian-Baltic Wagon Factory in St Petersburg. Products included heavy machinery for the metal and military industry, e.g. for the production of canons, rifles, torpedoes, etc. Nationalised by the Soviets and renamed "Zavod imeni Sverdlova". This company should not be confused with the "Phönix" companies from Riga and Libau. Share of the 3rd issue and only one other piece (in a Russian collection) is known to us.
Themes: METAL & ENGINEERING
Startprice: € 400