PETROGRAD. Action de 1000 Rbls. brown, black. #1500. No 6841. Text in Russian on the face, French on the reverse. Originally founded 1857 by Fjodor Gosch (a German immigrant). Taken over by members of the Rosenkrantz family in 1863 who turned it into a joint-stock company in 1881. Produced copper sheets, tubes, ship propellers, etc. and was a such a major supplier for the Putilov Works. In 1897, they were the first in Russia to use electrolysis for the refining of extremely fine seamless cupper tubes. Collaborated with the famous trading house Wogau & Co. Renamed Krasny Wyborzhez after the Revolution. The company still exists today, producing various non-ferrous metals.
Themes: METAL & ENGINEERING
Startprice: € 80