PARIS. Cert. Nom. d'Actions de 100 zlotys. blue, green. No 280. Large format, with central fold. A few small edge-splits. Formed in Paris (with a capital of 8,2 million zlotys) after WWI for the leasing and administration of the former Prussian state mines in Upper Silesia. The Polish government was concerned that German influence would quickly spread back into the province, and wanted French-controlled bodies to have real economic power there. This, plus a bank, were formed. The policy had only limited success, and within a few years almost all other parts of the Upper Silesia economy were back under effective German control (if frequently by Polish companies, discreetly controlled from Germany). Head office in Katowice. Very decorative border of arabesques. Only 2 pieces are known to us.
Themes: GOVERNMENT BONDS, MINING
FRANCE, GERMANY, POLAND
Date: 8 December 1937
Startprice: € 500