33 GIRONDE. Action de F500, specimen. green, black. # 20000. Formed 1864 to build a 100km line through the rich wine-growing Médoc region, from Bordeaux to le Verdon. Taken over in 1912 by the Compagnie du CdF du Midi. Splendid design by Rossigneux, engraved by M.Riester & P.A.Varin. Wide border of angels, fruit, lions, arms of Bordeaux, and, of course, a train and grape-vines. Also lists towns served. Some of the directors were English - doubtless connected with the English-owned wine-châteaux of the Médoc.
Date: 15 September 1864
Startprice: € 200