ST PETERSBURG/NARVA. Share of 5000 Roubles. brown, black. No 281. Trasnfer notes on the back until 1925 and dividend stamps until 1938. Issued 1889 but with stamps converting it (after WWI) into an Estonian share, expressed no longer in roubles but in Estonian Crowns. Issued to Baron Ludwig von Knoop who also signed the share. He was one of the most prominent businessmen of this time, with participations in up to 200 different companies. The second signature is from Kosma Soldatenkov (a well-known Russian textile industrialists. Third signature is from Johann Prowe, a collaborator of Ludwig von Knoop. This textile company was originally founded by von Knoop in 1857 in Narva. It was the biggest and most modern textile factory of the Russian Empire and arguably the crown of the von Knoop business empire. Nationalised when the Soviets occupied Estonia (WWII).
Startprice: € 2000