This was again a very remarkable auction, not in the least as it set tthis year's top price paid for an old piece of scripophily at 26.000 EUR. This was the amount paid for a 1704 share in the French Compagnie Royale de l'Assiente, a slave trading company founded by the French and Spanish Kings.
Several other highlights, countries and themes sold very well too. Most notably rare Russian items, Indochina, Spanish 18th century stocks and the share in America's first theatre company.
The full result list is now available, see menu on the left. Our aftersale service for unsold lots is now running, and ends on May 14. First come, first served!
Many thanks to all participants in this great auction!
Our next auction will take place on Saturday 14 April in the Crowne Plaza Hotel Antwerp. You can browse the catalogue here and submit your absentee bids online.
The auction counts 1939 lots and is surely one of the best we have ever been able to assemble. You'll find many previously unseen certificates in all price categories as well as several top collections.
You can see the auction highlights by clicking in the left menu 'auction top pieces' or browse to the catalogue country by country or theme (=industry) by theme. It's possible to download the catalogue as well.
On Sunday 15 April we will, as usual, organize Europe's biggest scripophliy bourse. This takes place in the same hotel (Crowne Plaza Antwerp).
For more practical information, see below and the menu on the left.
- live internet bidding: register before Thursday 12 April 22pm. Registration at the bottom left menu (red button)
- absentee bidding: send us your bids by email, post, fax (best ask us to confirm reception of your fax by email or phone!) or by using this website (register on the top left menu) before Friday 13 April 20 pm.
- arrange phone bidding: contact us before Thursday 12 April 22pm.
- attend the auction live on April 14 l: doors open at 9am for registration and lot viewing, the auction starts at 10am. The lots will be offered one by one until approx. 20h30.
- Sunday 15 April : International Bourse with doors opening to the public at 10am, and closing at 17h. Free entree! Contact us now if you wish to book a table (€50/Meter, as long as space is available)
An important note to bidders wishing to bid online through the Invaluable platform (red button): a 5% surcharge will be billed on the hammerprice to compensate the fee Invaluable charges us. This applies to both the live as absentee bidding on Invaluable. Alternatively, you can - at no exra charge - submit your absentee bids on this website (top of menu on the left), or by contacting us directly.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you want more details about anyhing concerning this auction.
Mario Boone - The Scripophily Center