How to bid in the auction ?
1. live attendance : no special formalities, our staff will welcome and guide you. Doors open 1h before the auction.
2. Live internet bidding : we work with www.invaluable.com. Register at least 48h before the auction : see red button on the left menu (all the way down). Contact us if you need any help.
3. bidding in advance : (e)mail or fax the enclosed bid form as soon as possible, or submit your absentee bids through www.booneshares.com :register or login on the top of the left menu). Note that we must receive your bids at the latest on Friday 26 October 8pm. Bids should be made in EUR. Bidders can be asked for references or a deposit before the auction.
4. Phone bidding during the auction: contact us at least 48h. in advance to make practical arrangements (an extra fee may be charged).
5. The prices in the catalogue are minimum start prices below which no bids will be accepted.
6. Bid steps: if your bid = €300 and the next highest bid is €200, the hammer price will be €220.(see below for all bid steps).
7.Sales commission is 17% (private EU residents pay 21% VAT on the sales commission, resulting in a total sales commission of 20.57%).
About live internet bidding – Invaluable
Some of our clients prefer to bid live over the internet through the services of invaluable.com. Note that this company charges an extra cost of 3% on top of the hammer price (billed & transferred to them by us). A cheaper alternative is to submit your absentee bids prior to the auction to us (we suggest to not use the Invaluable absentee bidding service as this also implies a 5% fee for you) or to arrange phone bidding. Contact us at least 48h before the auction if you need more information.
Antwerp Crowne Plaza Hotel : Gerard Le Grellelaan 10, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium - tel. 0032.(0)3.237.29.00
We have a quantity of rooms available at €99/night incl. breakfast (excl. city tax). To profit from this special rate, you have to make a reservation through us. Sometimes, cheaper rates are available on the internet as well (last minute deals)..
Lot previewing (during the 3 weeks prior to the auction day)
In the auction room, staring 1h before the auction, but also during the auction, the lots can be viewed.
By appointment, at the address of Centrum voor Scriptophilie BVBA – see contact details below.
About the Live Auction
The auctioneer speaks Dutch, English, French and German. The bidding prices can be followed in real-time on a big screen.
Bidding Steps (euro)
€10 to €50 : +€5
€50 to €200 : +€10
€200 to €500 : +€20
€500 to €1000 : +€50
€1000 to €2000 : +€100
€2000 to €5000 : +€200
€5000 to €10.000 : +€500
€10.000 to €20.000 : +€1000
€20.000 to €100.000: +€2000
Above €100.000 : +€5000
Condition Ratings Scripophily
UNC = Uncirculated (as new)
EF = Extremely Fine (in almost perfect condition)
VF = Very Fine (definite signs of use, for instance some edge damage, modest staining)
F = Fine (considerable signs of use such as pieces of paper missing, tired condition)
VG = Very Good (serious damage such as badly torn and/or large pieces of paper missing)
G = Good (lowest grade)
How to pay
The title of ownership only changes hands after full payment (even if delivery took place before). We must receive full payment within 30 days after the auction date. After that period, a monthly surcharge of 2% will be applied. We accept payments in EUR, GBP and USD. You can pay with bank transfer, cash (only up to €3000), PayPal, Visa, Mastercard or AmEx. For payments with PayPal or credit card, we charge a supplementary fee of 3%. Shipment costs will be charged to the buyer.
How to receive the result list of this auction and our next auction catalogue?
The result list will be on www.booneshares.com the Monday following our auction.
If you wish to subscribe to our next auction catalogue, we ask for a contribution of €10/$15 in the printing & mailing costs.
For EU-residents, the easiest way is to do a cost free bank transfer to our account at BNP Paribas Fortis: BIC: GEBABEBB, IBAN:BE55 0011 4587 5144. As a non-EU resident you can send us your credit card information, pay through PayPal (email@example.com). If you subscribe to our next catalogue, you will automatically receive the result list of that auction.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions !
Mario Boone, Kouter 126, B-9800 Deinze, Belgium, tel 0032-(0)9.386.90.91, fax 0032-(0)9.386.97.66, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any person wishing to use descriptions, or any other information, from our catalogue (printed or online) must obtain prior permission in writing from Centrum voor Scriptophilie BVBA.