Shares of £10. black. No 1651. Originally founded in 1864 by G.G. Russell to invest directly in New Zealand pastoral activities and lend to other participants in that industry. The private enterprise was taken over by a new London-founded company in 1878 and business expanded further. By the 1960s as well as the export of wooland meat and dealing in livestock, it provided grain and seed merchandising, wholesale grocery services including wines and spirits and dealing in property and other real estate sales. Merged with competitorWright Stephenson & Co. in 1972 (today PGG Wrightson).
Themes: AGRICULTURE, BANK & FINANCE
Date: 18 February 1885
Startprice: € 50