38 ISERE. BORDEAUX. Action de F500. black. No 44. Enforced left border. Founded 1838 to build a bridge across the River Isère, linking the Isère and Drome départements, at St. Gervais, west of Grenoble, and to improve the 'royal road' to nearby Tullins (Isère). The company had a concession until 1909, and by this the shares were to be fully repaid, doubtless from tolls due to end at that time. This attractive certificate shows the fine suspension bridge, and a four-horse carriage driving fast along the road.
Themes: BRIDGES – TUNNEL, ROADS
Date: 30 June 1840
Startprice: € 200