HAINAUT. TOURNAI. Action Privilégiée de F1000. brown. #600. No 58. Somewhat tired condition, but no paper missing. A very appealing share of a diamond cutting-house with a very decorative border with two statuesque ladies. Arms of Tournai. Diamond-cutting took first place in Tournai as early as the 15th century, even before it started in Antwerp. This company was founded in 1911 with a capital of 600.000 francs divided into 600 shares. The founders were a mixture of Tournai businessmen and diamond merchants in Antwerp as well as local politicians. The company bought a diamond cutting-house which was being constructed by Mr. Koelman on the Boulevard du Hainaut in Tournai. Two Antwerp diamond dealers (named Mertens and Claes) contributed their business clientele (from Antwerp and London) to the company in return for shares. Perhaps the most attractive diamond piece we've ever seen. Only one other piece is known to us.
Startprice: € 150