PARIS. Action de F500. green. #120000. No 1283. Folds and a few pin-holes. The first concession for a tramway in Beirut was given to an Ottoman company in 1908. It built four tramway lines, and covered most of the city centre with an electric lighting system. This company was formed Paris, 1924, (one of a number to take over Ottoman interests, after the League of Nations mandate for Syria and Lebanon was granted to France), by a group including major French banks, to modernise the system, but it remained at only four tramway lines. These were closed in 1965, to allow greater freedom for cars. Fine vignettes of a well-lit square and an electric tram. Decorative border. Only this one piece is known to us.
Themes: ELECTRICITY, RAILROADS, TRAMS
FRANCE, LEBANON, TURKEY
Startprice: € 1000