SCOTLAND. EDINBURGH. 6% Mortgage Bond of £750. black. No 28. Folds with a little brown staining. Formed 1836 to connect Edinburgh with the harbours on the Firth of Forth. It opened a major part of its route in 1846. Taken over by the Edinburgh and Northern Railway Co. in 1847 and name changed to Edinburgh, Perthand Dundee Railway in 1849. Became part of the North British Railway in 1862. It is rare to find bonds from early railroad companies.
Date: 3 February 1848
Startprice: € 200