WEST-VLAANDEREN. BRUXELLES. 4% Obligation de F500. purple, black. #4000. No 182. Trimmed bottom due to coupon cutting. A few repaired edge-tears at the top. Formed 1905 to build a direct line along the coast, northeast of Ostend, to De Haan, to supplement the old route which ran through inland villages to De Haan & Blankenberghe (which opened in 1886). All the shares were held by the S.A. des Railways Economiques de Liège-Seraing, which formed the OB company to hold its concessions on the coast. Subsequently the OB was given the old line to Blankenberghe also, as well as lineswithin Ostend. Just before WWI, the OB acquired a line on to Knokke. It also owned the concession for the line south to De Panne. In 1927 the name was changed to Electricité du Littoral. All the coast lines were taken over by the Empain group, through a new company named the Soc. pour l'Exploitation des Lignes Vicinales d'Ostende et des Plages Belges. All certificates of this company are extremely rare.
Themes: RAILROADS, TRAMS
Province: BRABANT, WEST-VLAANDEREN
Date: 27 November 1907
Startprice: € 80